We must carry the message, else we ourselves can wither and those who haven’t been given the truth may die. Bill W. 1951 AA Legacy of Service
SCV H & I Abridged Statement of purpose
The sole purpose of Santa Clarita Valley H & I is to carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to those confined in institutions (both public & private) that are engaged in the treatment and rehabilitation of alcoholics. Panel meetings are held at the invitation of respective institutional administrations, ever mindful of the Concept of Cooperation, not affiliation.
The committee consists of sober members of Alcoholics Anonymous and is created under the ninth tradition of A.A. 100% of monies collected and donated to H& I at regular meetings of A.A. go toward the purchase and free distribution of A.A. literature.
Operational expenses are derived solely from money collected at H & I meetings. (And fundraisers)
SCV H&I committee meets on the 1st Thursday of each month at Saint Stephens Episcopal Church 24901 Orchard Village Rd, Valencia, CA @ 7:00 pm, Orientation for new members of H&I @ 6:30 pm. The meeting usually lasts 40 minutes.
We currently take panels into:
- Action House – Adult Rehab
- Action Henry Mayo-Family night
- Action Ranch-Juvenile Facility
- Action House/Piru
- Acton Rehab Women Only
- Camp Cisquito Men’s Rehab – Religious
- Camp Munz – Youth Detention-Men
- Camp Scott- Youth Detention-Women
- Camp Scudder – Youth Detention-Men
- Henry Mayo – Behavioral Health Unit
- Warm Springs – Rehab – Men’s.
We also take panels into Institutions where Clearance is Required:
- Acton Conservation Camp #11
- Acton Conservation Camp #4
- Peter Pitchess Detention Center
Sober? Come “pass it on” by helping us bring meetings to those who can’t get out to a meeting. http://www.scvhandi.com